Sunday, May 20, 2012

Melba Brasserie

Taste: ★★★★☆
Price:   ★★★
Service: ★★★★☆


Night view of Flinders Station

A few weekends ago, I went o Melba Brasserie with my cousin to celebrate my mum's birthday. Melba Brasserie is at the top of the grand staircase in the lobby of the Langham Hotel. I think the highlight of this buffet is that you can create your own entree and Asian stir fries, Indian dishes, Italian pastas, whilst it is made right in front of you. Melba also offers a beautiful panoramic view across the Yarra River to the city skyline.

Table setup
For starters near there is a Japanese corner which offers different types of sashimi and sushi.
Japanese station where you can make your own dish from choices of sashimi, sushi, caviar, seaweed, etc.
As I mentioned earlier on, you can create your own dishes depending on what you like, so I asked for a small serving of pasta. The chef responsible whipped it up on the spot and I was asked what I wanted to add and how much. My mum also ordered an asian stirfry but I didn't get a picture of that because when I got back to the table she was already digging in so I didn't want to stop her. But mind you, it was one of the best I've ever tasted. I'm personally not a big fan of stirfrys but I would definitely have that one again!

Japanese Wagyu steak
I was quite full by the second round of food so I started moving on to dessert. This is an Indian bread, I didn't get to ask for the name of it, but it was very nice! You could also customise these. I asked for the M&Ns to be put in it, but there were savory choices as well, such as cheese, meat, etc. It reminded me of a cookie actually. This was also made when ordered. The chef rolled out a piece of dough and added the M&Ns then rolled it out to a thin circle and stuck it in a pot which was inside the kitchen table. I was quite amazed because I had never had this before but I definitely recommend this!

Moving on to the dessert corner! It is amazing... The small treats range from chocolate mouses to lemon tarts and of course the ice creams and massive fondue machine (which I didn't get a photo of because there was a big crowd around it so I didn't want to barge in for a picture). If I went here again I would definitely try more of their desserts. I wanted to try all of them but I was quite full so I didn't get to =[
Left to right: chocolate mouse topped with a macaroon, tiramisu, strawberry tart, strawberry mousse, chocolate mousse, lemon slice

And it was actually my mum's birthday, so here's the picture of the cake.
Chocolate mud cake
 I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but my cousin actually works here, so we got an extra free cake!
Chocolate mud cake
Melba Brasserie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment